Sunday, November 8, 2009

Signing Apps for Nokia Symbian Smart Phones - The Search Ends Here!!

Regarding my last post, where I said the only thing I did not like with my New N79 Symbian (FP2) Handset was that I could not find signed applications (.sis & .sisx installer files) to readily install on my phone.

And I'm talking about really cool accelerometer apps like FlipSilent, Keynetik's Rock'n'Scroll & Managers like Smart Settings. Tried installing all of them but got certificate errors on each - every time.

I had done a lot of research on signing apps using my IMEI number, but everyone suggested "SymbianSigned.com" - the process here is easy, but not consistent, cluttered and downright irritating. Users with normal id's cannot login in, and the process is really very technical - which includes retrieval & creation of Developer Certificates and keys (which took ages on the website)

ALL UNTIL LAST NIGHT !!

This is when I suddenly found a page called cer.opda.cn - a Chinese site helping little ignorant fools like me easily sign apps for Symbian smartphones



Really cool, cause now I really trip on the Rock'n'Scroll (see video) thingie & the Flipsilent's really very helpful too

No comments: